The March 2023 Activity Report for the Taber Fire Department was submitted to town council for review at their April 24 meeting.
• Continue to Post on Facebook, keeping the community involved; TFD is now on Instagram as well
• Recruit class of (5) started February 2023.
• Fire Chief Chair: Core Competency Committee Working with the Alberta Fire Chief Association to build the Provincial Toolbox standardizing the fire service in Alberta, this term is 2021-2023.
• AC West continues work with the Alberta Fire Training Officers Association.
• Past month – 576 hours of firefighter training
• Past 12 months – 4160.5 hours of firefighter training
• 8 members successfully completed their 1001 level 1 training which is a six month long, 160-hour course that includes certification training on a vast variety of basic firefighter functions; all 8 members also successfully passed certification evaluations (awaiting written exam results).
• 8 members currently undergoing emergency medical responder (EMR) training, this is an extensive 100 hour course being offered in house over several months. All 8 students have passed their
• One external training centre rental in March
• Several fire extinguisher training events, with over 50 citizens trained in fire safety and extinguisher use in March alone.
• Received approval of the Alberta Government Fire Services Training Program (FSTP) Grant for an amount of $8,025.86 to be put towards firefighter training as outlined in the grant agreement.
• Fire inspections: 32
• Smoke alarm installation: 14 exchanges
• Fire investigations: 0
• Flammable Liquid Storage Tank inspections: 0
• Conducted fire inspections of all hotel and motels, corrections still in progress
• 1517 hours volunteer service over the last 12 months outside of training and call responses
• one fire drill with St. Patrick Elementary School
• Approximately 8 members participated in the Canadian Blood Services “Sirens for Life” Plasma donations for the month of February
• 5 members provided Medical Standby at Chinook Rodeo
Total calls: 31. Structure fire: 0; public assist: 7; MVC: 3, rubbish/grass fire: 0; alarm call: 7; MFR: 14.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.