The February 2023 Activity Report for the Taber Fire Department was submitted to town council for review at their March 27 meeting.
• Continue to Post on Facebook, keeping the community involved; TFD is now on Instagram as well
• Recruit class of five started February 2023.
• PAD Program expanded to provide assistance to the MD of Taber with program in Vauxhall and surrounding area.
• Fire Chief Chair: Core Competency Committee Working with the Alberta Fire Chief Association to build the Provincial Toolbox standardizing the fire service in Alberta, this term is 2021-2023.
• AC West continues work with the Alberta Fire Training Officers Association.
• Past month – 283 hours of firefighter training
• Past 12 months – 4328 hours of firefighter training
• 8 members are halfway through their 1001 level 1 training which is a six month long, 160-hour course that includes certification training on a vast variety of basic firefighter functions this course will complete in March 2023.
• 8 members registered to started emergency medical responder (EMR) training in February.
• Fire inspections: 14
• Smoke alarm installation: 4 exchanges
• Fire investigations: 0
• Flammable Liquid Storage Tank inspections: 0
• Fire Safety Plan Review with Seniors Condo Board
• 1535 hours volunteer service over the last 12 months outside of training and call responses
• one Station Tour for an adult with Special Needs
• Approximately 8 members participated in the Canadian Blood Services “Sirens for Life” Plasma donations for the month of February
• 9 members participated in the Coldest Night of the Year Foodbank Fundraiser
Total calls: 19. Structure fire: 0; public assist: 10; MVC: 2, rubbish/grass fire: 1; alarm call: 4; MFR: 2.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.