Current Temperature

10.2°C

September 26, 2022 September 26, 2022

Taber sees a successful McHappy Day

Posted on May 18, 2022 by Taber Times
TIMES PHOTO BY COLE PARKINSON

By Ian Croft
Local Journalism Initiative Reporter
news@tabertimes.com

On May 11, McDonald’s hosted McHappy Day in Taber, as they partnered with the Taber and District Health Foundation to help raise money for two NICU Qube mini monitors.

“The TDHF is grateful to the Taber McDonald’s for choosing us as their sponsored charity once again,” said Aline Holmen, director of Fundraising and Development at TDHF. “We have had an excellent relationship with the owners and staff for several years and appreciate their willingness to work with us to fundraise for the purchase of an item related to children. For 2022/2023, the funds raised will go towards the purchase of two NICU Qube mini monitors for the Taber Health Centre Acute Care Wing. These portable monitors will provide uninterrupted information about the baby’s vital signs, alerting the medical staff of possible complications. The purchase of these monitors fulfils a need in the Taber Hospital. At this time, each monitor costs roughly $13,000,” said Holmen. “The decision has not yet been made as to whether one will be purchased this year and one next or both at the same time.”

During McHappy Day, $5 from each meal deal, $4 from each Happy Meal, and $1 from each coffee sold goes towards the TDHF and the Ronald McDonald Child Hospital. TDHF will receive 75 per cent of the funds raised, the remaining 25 per cent will go to the Ronald McDonald House.

Taber Mayor Andrew Prokop, came out to show his support by helping out the staff in the drive-thru.

“Great, it’s always a great cause there and I can’t say no to a great cause like that for sure,” said Prokop when asked about his time volunteering.

To read the full story, pick up a Taber Times issue or subscribe to an ePaper digital subscription! You can sign up for digital or traditional subscriptions on tabertimes.com by clicking subscribe under ePaper on the home page.

Leave a Reply

Get More The Taber Times
Log In To Comment Latest Paper Subscribe