The COVID-19 virus is sent to remind us of the important lessons that we seem to have forgotten and it is up to us if we learn them or not.
I believe there is a spiritual purpose behind everything that happens!
1) It is reminding us that we are equal. Regardless of our culture, religion, occupation, and financial situation or how famous we are. Disease treats us all equally, perhaps we should too!
2) It reminds us that we are all connected and sometimes that an effect on one person has an effect on another person.
3) It is reminding us that false borders that we have put up have little value, as this virus does not need a passport.
4) It is reminding us how precious our health is and how we have moved to neglect it through eating nutrient poor food and drinking water that is contaminated with chemicals upon chemicals. If we don’t look after our health we will of course get sick.
5) It reminds us of the shortness of life and what is most important for us, especially those who are old or sick. Our purpose is not to buy toilet rolls.
6) It reminds us of how materialistic our society has become and how when in times of difficulty we remember that it is the essentials that we need. Food. Water. Medicine. As opposed to luxuries that we sometimes unnecessarily give value to.
7) It reminds us of how important our family and home life is and how much we have neglected this. It forces us back into our house so we can rebuild them into homes and to strengthen our family unit.
8) It reminds us that our true work is not our job. That is what we do, not what we were created to do. Our true work is to look after each other, to protect each other and to be of benefit to one another.
9) It reminds us to keep our ego in touch and it reminds us that no matter how great we think we are or how great others think we are, a virus can bring our world to a standstill.
10) It reminds us that we can choose to co-operate and help each other, to share, to give, to help and to support one another or we can choose to be selfish, to hoard, and to look out only for ourselves. Indeed it is difficulties that bring out our true colours!
11) It reminds us that we can be patient or we can panic, we can either understand that this type of situation has happened many times before in history and it will pass or we can panic and see it as the end of the world and consequently cause ourselves more harm than good.
12) It is reminding us that this can either be an end or a beginning. This can be a time of reflection and understanding where we learn from our mistakes or it can be the start of a cycle which will continue until we finally learn lessons we are meant to remember.
13) It reminds us that this earth is sick, that we need to look at the rate of deforestation just as urgently as we look at the speed at which toilet rolls are disappearing off the shelves. We are sick because home is sick.
14) It reminds us that after every difficulty, there is always ease. Life is cyclical and this is just a phase in this great cycle. We do not need to panic, this too will pass. Whereas we can see COVID-19 virus as a great disaster, I prefer it see it as a great corrector. It is sent to remind us of the important lessons that we seem to have forgotten and it is up to us if we will learn them or not!
When this is over, the world won’t be the same.
A message found and shared by:
Treasurer, Linden View Resident and Family Council