The Alberta Young Speakers for Agriculture has announced the date for its second annual public speaking competition for Albertan youth to share their passion about the agricultural industry.
The competition will be held July 12 during the Calgary Stampede and offers youth ages 11-24 an opportunity to share their views in a speech on a topic important to Albertan and Canadian agriculture.
The competition offers youth the opportunity to compete with a five to seven minute speech on topics important to the agricultural industry. Winners have the opportunity to win a cash prize of up to $1,000 and will be eligible to compete in the Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture competition in Toronto.
The topics for the 2017 competition are:
• Working in agriculture is more than just farming.
• Does digital farming have a place in the future of Canadian agriculture?
• Farm gate to dinner plate: The importance of food traceability for Canadian consumers.
• How will we feed nine billion people by 2050?
• Food waste: What is the global impact and who is responsible for making a change?